Nancy Baggett's Lavender Herb Popcorn Seasoning
(From The Art of Cooking with Lavender)
for Lavenderherb Popcorn Seasoning
- 2½ tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender buds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon commercial lemonpepper
- seasoning, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
for Batch (2 quarts) LavenderHerbed Seasoned Popcorn
- 4 to 4½ tablespoons salted or unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 to 2½ teaspoons lavenderherb popcorn seasoning
- 8 cups unseasoned or very lightly salted popped popcorn
- Salt to taste, optional
1. To make the seasoning mix: Combine all ingredients in a minichopper or food processor and chop or process 2 minutes or until ground. Store airtight in a dry cool spot for up to 6 months. Makes ⅓ cup seasoning mix, enough for 5 or 6 batches of popcorn. The recipe may be doubled if desired. It will keep in an airtight bottle in a cool, dark spot for at least a year.
2. To make a batch of popcorn: Combine the butter and seasoning mix in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat to hot but not boiling. Stir well, then let stand so flavors can mingle 2 or 3 minutes. Thoroughly stir into 2 quarts (8 cups) popcorn.
Lavender-Orange Glazed Nuts
- 2 cups nuts (about ½ pound) almonds, pecan halves or walnut halves, or a mix of all three nuts
- 1 cup Lavender Sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon zested orange peel
1. Lightly toast nuts in a large heavy pan over low heat.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Bring sugar, orange juice and orange zest to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for about 30 seconds and then stir in the nuts.
4. Spread the nuts out on parchment paper and cool completely.
5. Separate nuts if necessary, and store in an airtight container.
- Makes 2 cups