- We need to let the distillate set for 10-15 min before trying to drain. But because our funnel fills up pretty quickly, we might need a separate container to capture the distillate during the boiling process.
- We are boiling too hot and too quickly. I read that we should maintain a slow boil and that it should boil for maybe 2 hours. I think we kept it at a rolling boil and were ending the process too early (an hour or less).
- Apparently fresh plant material is great for hydrol but perhaps not so great for oil. Several blogs referenced a distillation process specifically for hydrosol where fresh plant material was used. We will try with dried plant material next time and sse what happens.
I would also like to replace the radiator hose coming from the pressure cooker with a copper hose -- and Mark wants to modify the hose to be more of a funnel shape as well
- Serve as hydrating components in a product, e.g. cream, cleanser, etc.
- Effective toners
- Anti-inflammatory, cooling
- Wound healing
- Safe for infants and young children in baths (1 tbsp) or spritzers.
Think of the possibilities!!
Coming soon -- Distillation attempt #3 -- and Hydrosol for purchase in our online store!